Tuesday, December 11, 2012

He is Coming! Are you ready for Him?

Hi all,

We're just fourteen days away from our celebration of the birth of Jesus.  Are you ready?  I know that the Christmas Season is a prelude to the real reason we celebrate Christmas, but I don't think some people remember that fact.  I was just listening to the news report for tonight and it's a bit depressing.  Every day the tell us about someone who was murdered, someone who was robbed, someone who robbed the Salvation Army kettles and just today they announced that someone is stealing from The Goodwill store. 

I have to ask, "What is this world coming to?  What has happened to Americans that they feel this is okay behavior?  Did they not learn that it's wrong to steal, it's very wrong to pull a gun or knife and kill another person?" 

Some days I sincerely worry about the world that my Grandsons are growing up in.  Will it just get worse as the years go by or will something happen to change people.  It's doesn't seem to just be younger people either.  A man in his fifties has been in the news because he just abducted and assaulted a college student.  The thing is that he just recently got out of prison on the same type of charges.  He is now being charged with this count, plus a few others. 

Apparently, prison did NOT reform him!  Why was he left go?  And, what is wrong with him and all the people like him?  What happened to him to make him this way, and why?

I wish I had the answers to these questions, but I simply don't know.  But, I most assuredly do worry about the next generation and the next after that, and so on.  What is going to become of this world. 

I suppose the only good thing for me, is that I probably will not be alive to see these changes.  I pray that my Grandsons and their future children, have a better world in which to live. 

I am looking forward to Christmas and our celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ once again.  I pray that God will show His mercy and kindness to me, my family, my extended family, my friends and the whole world!  He is the only One who can help us. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so down, but sometimes I just can't overlook the things that are happening right before my eyes!
Susan

No comments: