Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Soon It's Time To Get Back on Track!

Hi all,

I love the Christmas Season and everything it stands for, but I know it will soon be time for me to get back to my scheduled writing agenda.  It's been so long since I've worked on my new novel, that I'm afraid I will forget what I've written.  I guess I'll have to reread some of it before I start writing again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hurrying the Christmas holidays away.  I'm just thinking forward to the new year.  On Friday, January 11, I will be speaking to the morning classes at York Catholic High School, here in York.  I have been invited by the Librarian to come and speak to the students about  writing in general, and about the books I've published. 

Yesterday ,I started making an outline of what I'd like to speak about to them.  In many ways I wished I had pursued an education in writing when I graduated from high school.  Which, by the way, was from York Catholic High School, many years ago.  Long before any of the students I will be speaking with were ever born. 

I've gotten some information together to share with them.  Such as, several copies of articles I've written on Cardiovascular Disease.  One article is geared only to women.  It is the number one cause of death in women in the United States.  I am, also, taking along a few copies of my children's hard bound novel.  I thought, perhaps, I'd hand out a free copy to a few students who have younger siblings who may enjoy it. 

I must admit, I'm a wee bit nervous about speaking in public.  I've never been very good at that sort of thing.  I want to express how important it is to do whatever you love.  Whether it's something you do to earn your keep or if it's just something you do in your free time.

I love doing creative things, anything and everything.  I made another 'hanky-panky quilt' as a door prize at our cookie exchange.  I haven't done anything like that for a few years now.  I think I miss doing needle work.  Maybe after the first of the year, I will start some type of quilt.  I've never tried making my own squares, so perhaps I'll give that a try.  Actually, a friend of mine, just put that idea into my head today.  One never knows, does one?

If you have time, check out all three of my e-books on Amazon.  www.amazon.com/ 
The titles are: 
      Adult novel:  Sassy With a Capital "S"
      Child novel:  The Secret In The Claw Feet Box
      Health booklet:  Congestive Heart Failure:  Changing Lives
They are all for sale for Kindle at Amazon.

You still can check out these great sites:
www.athome.com/mariebersole
www.athome.com/angiealbright
www.TSbyCandice.com
www.amway.com/coriebersole

I'm sure they will all be having some great after Christmas sales!  Check them out and see!

Well, are you all ready for Christmas and all the celebrating?  I'm ready except for the last minute preparations.  Don't forget to take a few minutes during these last few days for yourself.  We all need to relax and take a few deep breathes so we can continue on our journey.
Susan

No comments: