Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone, Or Is It!

Hi everyone,

Today is January 31, 2012 and this year is about to become history!  Was is a good year for you?  Do you hate to see it come to an end?  Or, was it a bad year, and you can't wait to see it end?  Perhaps it held some good and some bad, which is, I believe, what it probably was for most of us.  It's hard for me to believe that anyone could go through three hundred and sixty five days and not have some good and fulfilling events in their lives, right along with a few undesirable ones.

As for me, I still woke up this morning with my heart still ticking away.  So, I'd have to say it's been a blessed year for me.  Sure, there were incidents during this year that upset me in one way or another, but I refuse to dwell on them.  For every unpleasant event I've had this year, there have been a dozen good things.  I choose to be optimistic! 

As far as 2013 starting, I'm looking ahead and I hope you are, also.  What's done is done, never to be made different; what's been said, has been said, never to be taken back; what injury that's been done, can't be undone.  It's all in the past now! 

That certainly, doesn't mean we can't try to make things right for those we've harmed, whether it's physically, emotionally or spiritually.  Life does go on for most of us.  It's only those who choose to wallow in grief, shame or self pity, who can't move forward.  If that's you, stop it!  Take a deep breathe and tell yourself that you can and will change your life.  But, first, stop and ask God's help.  He will always be there to help you along the way.

I am looking forward to 2013 leaping into my life.  I have some plans made for myself.  First of all, I need to get back to writing my sequel novel to "Sassy" With A Capital "S".  I feel like it's been forever since I've worked on it.  I sat down yesterday to do some re-reading of it.  I know I'll get back in the groove soon. 

On the eleventh of January, I will be heading to York Catholic High School, where I was invited as a local author, to speak to some of the English classes about writing.  I'm excited about that adventure and also a bit nervous.  It's been a very, very long time since I had to do any public speaking.  But, I am not worried.  I truly believe the saying, "If God brings you to it; He will bring you through it."

Up until the holidays approached, I'd been a daily follower and writer on a few writer's web sites:
www.fanstory.com, www.WOWwomenonwriting.com and  www.ezinearticles.com.  I am very anxious to once again, become active on these sites.  I truly miss not having the time to get back to my writing.

Then, of course, there's my art work.  It's been way too long since I've done anything with that.  Well, I suppose that's not completely true, as I've designed both the front and back covers to both my novels.  ("Sassy" With A Capital "S" and my new one, "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C") 

It's really funny how after my life style changed, back in 2006, I thought my life would just drag by and be so boring.  Yes, I do lead a very sedentary life, but it certainly flies by and it definitely is not boring!

 I have to say, "I love my life, just the way it is!  I've learned to embrace my Chronic Congestive Heart Failure and live each day to it's fullest, or at least the best way I am able.  I refuse to permit myself to feel depressed or ask, why me?  I've learned to ask, why not me?  I'm not any more special than anyone else.  We are all God's children, created equally."

So, in closing, I hope you will spend some time in the next few days, figuring out what you have to do to bring joy, hope, love and happiness into your life.  No one person, no amount of money, not any physical items can make you happy.  Happiness comes from inside you, not from exterior people or things.  So, basically I'm saying, it's up to you.  Are you going to pick up the ball and carry it to all the bases, or are you just going to let it lay there?  It's your call! 

Happy New Year!
Susan

No comments: