Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Just Take A Moment and Breath!

Hi all,

How is everyone doing today?  Are you stressed out?  Are you feeling anxious?  Do you feel there's not enough time to get everything done?  Are you short on time?  Are you short on money?  Do you feel like you could just sleep the month away?

Well, if you are feeling any of the above things, you need to chill out!  I would suggest you find a nice quiet spot, pick up a book or your favorite music, kick off your shoes and relax.  Do you even remember how to do that??? 

To be honest with you, doing the above will only relax you for a short period of time.  Perhaps you should try some deep breathing exercises.  Don't know how to do them?  It's easy, here's all you do:
find a comfortable spot and lay down or lounge in a chair.  Breathe in through your mouth and let the breath fill up your lungs.  Next, breathe out through your nose until all the air is out of you.  While doing the breathing in say, "I'm breathing in relaxation." While releasing the breathe say, "I'm pushing out the tension."  I guarantee you it will work.  You need to do it for at least fifteen or twenty minutes to have it work. 

Well, now I'm finished playing doctor.  I feel better, as I've accomplished quite a bit last week and this week.  I'm almost finished with my gift purchases and I have most of my wrapping done.  Good for me!  Next week I'm going to start my baking and candy making. 

I seriously need to get back to my writing one of these days.  If I don't soon get back to my novel, I'll have to reread what I've already written so I know what it's about! 

I do love the Christmas season more than any other time of the year.  I lets me feeling happy, generous and loving.  How about you? 

Well, that's all for now.  Take care and smile.  It's good for you and for everyone around you!
Susan

No comments: