Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm Ready For His Birth!

Hi all,

Four more days until we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior.  I will be celebrating Christmas Eve with my family and I'm excited about being with them.  Traditions are very important to me.  So, being with my husband and family to celebrate Jesus' birth and Christmas, is traditional for me.

My Mother and Father started this tradition many, many years ago.  They've been gone for quite a few years now, but I know they are still with me in spirit.  Sometimes it seems like they're still here, helping me to go through life.  My parents taught me about the importance of traditions. 

As long as I can remember, we've always spent Christmas Eve at my Parents home.  My siblings and their families were there, also.  That changed after my Mom passed away in 1996.  My siblings started their own traditions for Christmas Eve and my husband and I started having my children and their families to our home to celebrate Jesus' birth and Christmas Eve. 

In the past year or so, one or more of my Grandsons have had to work on Christmas Eve.  That was very hard for me, but I do understand that when you have to work, there isn't any choice.  I'm sure it was very hard on him and his Parents, also.  Two of them may not be here with us this year.  That bums me out, but I understand work is work and sometimes there are other people to consider in making choices. 

One of my Grandsons has to make a choice to either go to his girlfriends on Christmas Eve or to come to our home.  He's having a hard time deciding what to do.  He wants to come because it's traditional and he loves tradition.  Whatever he decides, I'm okay with his decision.  We'll all miss him, as well as my Grandson who has to work.  But, I'm sure it will bother them more than us. 

I was so moved with joy to hear that traditions are important to my Grandsons.  You know, when dealing with young adults today, one just never knows how they feel about the traditional occasions that have been passed down from one generation to another.  I do so love my six boys, and I'm so very proud of all of them.  I hope they all know that!  I try to tell them, but I'm never really sure if they're listening to me or not, but I hope so.

I have some commitments for shortly after the first of the year.  So, I've been slowly getting my notes together so I know what I'm talking about.  I was asked to speak to some classes at York Catholic High School, as an author and writer.  This is something new for me.  I'd have to say I'm a bit nervous, to say the least. 

I'm sure some of the students will pay attention to me, while the others do what teens do best.  You know, they'll just tune me out.  If I reach one student I will be happy! 

Well, that's all for today.  Talk with you soon.
Susan

No comments: