Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Can I say that I'm a bit frustrated?


Hi all,

Well, I'm finished writing and proofing my newest novel, "Craft-Cruise" With A Capital "C".  I was a bit frustrated this morning, because on my laptop, which is what I've been using to type my manuscript, I had a total of 367 pages.  But, when copying it to CD and opening it on my PC, I only have 332 pages.  What's up with that, anyways? 

I am using two black and white photos in my novel and after much fussing and frustration, I've gotten the first one in place.  Now, one to go.  After that's completed, it's ready to go to the printers.  Then I will be ready to place it on www.amazon.com for sale for Kindle, IPad or PC reading.  As well as, have about fifty hard copies to sell.

I know it doesn't sound like much more to do, but it's really not that easy because it's all done electronically.  This means I have to change the format from what I typed it in, to one of theirs.  This is where it gets very testy for me.  I'm not all that computer literate, but I wish I was.  One of my friends said that it shouldn't be hard because I did it before.  I answered that by admitting that it was a year ago when I first figured things out and since I'm almost 65 years old, I don't remember how I did it.   Being old, forgetful and computer illiterate, isn't much fun! 

I should probably ask one of my Grandsons to come and do it for me.  I don't believe that teens and young adults today, get very frustrated while using all the electronic devices available now.  I don't want to step on any ones toes, so if you are a senior citizen and are quite able to handle today's electronics, I say, wonderful!  I know what I need to, in order to do what I generally do, on a PC or laptop.  Other than that, I have to fudge my way along.

So, today is a very happy day for me, and also a frustrating one.  My husband said, "It could have been worse."  He's right, I could have accidentally erased the entire 367 pages.  Now, that would have done a bit more than frustrate me.  I would have been saying a few choice words and then sat down and cried my eyes out!  So, I thank God that it was basically, just that I wasted two hours this morning and nothing worse. 

After I get this novel published, I may take a little break before starting another sequel.  I'd like to do another booklet on cardiovascular disease or Congestive Heart Failure.  I, somehow, have the feeling that this is the avenue that God wants me to take next.  I spend alot of time alone, in the quiet space of my home, waiting for God to whisper to me.  I know that He does, quite often.  You just need to be extremely quiet and listen to His nudging you. 

For the past seven years, I've known that at some point in time, my heart would begin to worsen.  I think that perhaps, that's now starting.  At least, it's in a small way, for now.  I'm thankful to God for any time He gives me here on earth.  The PVC's haven't been too bad, since last week.  It was just that one day that they were so very bad.  I'm not going to worry about my health.  I will do whatever I need to do to continue living, until God chooses to take me home to be with Him.  I truly thank Him for the gift of life He's given me.

Today is a banner day for the Catholic Church.  A new Pope has now been chosen.  I know that God will bless him, giving him the strength and wisdom to guide us Catholics.  I truly love that I am a Catholic.  My faith and religion are strong and with the help of God, it will remain that way the rest of my human life and into eternity.  Praise God for today and every day!  Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentine is our newly elected Pope.

No comments: