Monday, March 11, 2013

New Day, New Week!


Hi all,

I trust you all had a good weekend.  I enjoyed mine.  My Red Hat group had a Soup Exchange yesterday.  Our husbands were invited to join us.  We had a total of seven different soups to taste.  Each one was different and very tasty.  What's nice about a soup exchange, is that we all received a small container of each soup to take home with us.  Lunches for the week, how good is that?

I'm still having some PVC's, off and on.  Guess I'll just have to live with them, unless they get much worse.  I've known for a long time now, that at some point my heart would start getting worse.  I just hope it happens very slowly.

Because of this, I didn't do anything too energetic on Saturday.  Mostly I was still proofing my manuscript.  I'm almost finished now.  So, hopefully in a week or so, I will be able to email it to the publisher.  It's entitled:  "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C".  It will, also, be available for Kindle at Amazon in a few weeks.  I'll keep you all posted on the dates.  I do hope you'll purchase an electronic copy for yourself.

If you haven't already read my first adult novel, "Sassy" With A Capital "S", it's available for Kindle at:  www.amazon.com     I also have my children's novel for electronic purchase there.  It's called, "The Secret In The Claw Feet Box.", as well as a booklet on Cardiovascular Disease. 

My Red Hat Group is going to be taking a trip to Ocean City during the month of May.  We are all looking forward to this venture.  I know we'll have a lot of fun with little sleep.  I'll be exhausted when we get home.  I'm hoping and praying that my heart problems won't be any worse by then.  Also, that health problems won't be a problem for any of my friends, while away. 

Being a senior citizen is a great thing, if you have your health.  Most people are retired, or only work part time by then.  What's sad, is when either the wife or the husband becomes ill, it affects the both of them.  I know this is true, because I've seen how much my illness has effected my husband.  I don't like that, but there isn't much I can do to fix it.  There in lies the sadness. 

So, no matter what your age is right now, do everything that you can do to maintain good health.  You just have no idea how important good health is as you become a senior citizen.  That phrase:  The Golden Years, is really only true if you are in good health.  Otherwise, it's a lie because there is no "golden" about these years. 

Now don't get me wrong, I love living my life, each and every day.  I thank God every day for the fact that I'm still able to wake up each morning and an still alive.  I'm not, in any way, angry at God, or anyone else because of my illness.  It is because of God, that I'm still here.  So, for that, I'm thankful! 

Here's my advice for today:  Live each day to it's fullness; tell your family, daily, how much you love them and how proud of them you are; never go to bed angry with anyone; show gratitude to God for all the blessings you do have;  show no animosity for things you don't have and don't need; and accept your life just the way it is.  You are truly blessed, realize that, accept that and be thankful!

Susan

No comments: