Friday, March 22, 2013

God is good, yesterday, today and tomorrow, as always!

Hi all,

I suppose you could say that I've been a bit unnerved today.  My daughter, Angel, went into the hospital at six o'clock this morning for a ablation on her heart.  She has been having PVC's (Premature Ventricular Contractions) and the medication wasn't working for her.  (Little surprise there, since they didn't work for me either, twenty-one years ago).  I guess that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Praise God, because she is now on her way home from the hospital and is doing very well.  Her cardiologist feels he corrected all the PVC's and hopes they will not return.  For the first time all day, I feel at ease.  I knew God would protect her and He would guide her doctor's hands, but even knowing that, I guess I was still worrying on the inside.  I would think that's part of being a Mom. 

It is funny, but earlier today I kept thinking that my little girl is in the hospital.  That makes me chuckle, because my little girl, is forty-two years old and has a, soon to be, sixteen year old son.  I'm sure all you Mother's out there know exactly what I'm talking about.  Our children will always be our little girls and little boys, won't they? 

I suppose that's the way God feels about all of us.  We are His little children.  He worries about us, tries to guide us along the safe paths, blesses us, feeds us, and just completely loves and cares about us.  No matter how old we are.  That thought really makes me feel humble.  Now, I can understand how God feels, when we go astray.  Wow, with so many children in this world for Him to worry about, He must be stressed all the time.

I'm also feeling a little out of sorts today.  It's like I don't know what to do with myself, since my novel is now at the printers and I've already uploaded it to www.amazon.com, I feel disconnected.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.  You can access it by going to the above web address and doing a search for:  Susan Lapp Mellott    or   Sassy With A Capital S   or  Crafty Cruise With A Capital C.

I mixed up a large patch of peanut butter creme filling for my chocolate, peanut butter Easter eggs.  I melted the butter and peanut butter, so it would mix easier.  It's now in the refrigerator, setting back up.  Tomorrow morning I will form the egg shapes and start covering them with chocolate.  This is my dear Mother's recipe from many years ago.  It makes me feel close to her whenever I make one of her recipes.  I should have about four to five dozen eggs when done. 

Well, I suppose I'll close for now.  I just wanted to share my good news for today with everyone out there.  Alot of my family and friends were all praying for my daughter and I thank each and every one of them for those prayers.  If you ever need prayers from me, please ask.  I'll be happy to include your special intentions in my daily prayers to God. 

May He bless all of you and keep you safe.
Susan

No comments: