Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Life changes from day to day.


Hi all,

Have you ever stopped to realize just how much life changes in a short period of time?  Perhaps it's only us senior citizens who are aware of life changing, sometimes on a daily basis. 

I think that when we're younger, and working full time jobs, raising children, trying to maintain a good marriage, chasing kids all over the place, taking care of a home, etc., we don't really have the time to realize how our lives are changing, every day. 

Now that I'm older, with pretty much nothing but time on my hands, I see my life changing.  Sometimes the changes are not ones I relish.  I'm not not a person who likes change.  I usually need some time to adjust to change.  How about you?

I finished my novel, "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C", last week.  It's now at the publishers being prepared for printing.  I'm anxious to see it when it's finished.  After working so hard for months and months, I now feel I'm in limbo.  I haven't yet decided what my next project will be, or what direction I want to take next. 

One thing I do know for sure, is that I don't want to just waste time doing nothing.  I have a need to give back to God for all He's given me, and doing something creative is the only way I have to give back any more.  I suppose taking a week or two to decide what my next project will be, would be a good thing for me.  I'm thinking, perhaps, I'll do another booklet on how chronic illness effects the family.  I have a booklet, "Cardiovascular Disease:  Changing Lives", which is available for reading on Kindle, IPod or PC.

Check out my books for Kindle, IPOd or PC at www.amazon.com.  Just type in my name, do a search and they will come up. 

Tomorrow I will be attending the funeral of my aunt.  She was ninety-two years old.  She was my Mother's Sister, and she outlived my Mom by seventeen years.  My Mom was the youngest and this aunt was five years older than my Mom.  Mother was only seventy-four when she passed away, which by today's standards, is quite young.  She died from cancer and heart disease. 

I suppose heart disease will continue to plague my children, their children and so on.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about having chronic cardiovascular disease.  It's a fact of life and one which many of us have to live with always.  One of my daughters, also, has cardiovascular disease. 

The bottom line is that we all have our crosses to bear.  What's important is how we carry them.  Do we carry them with dignity and strength or do we complain and play the blame game?  I know, first hand, how hard it is to live with chronic illness.  The only thing that works for me is gratitude and acceptance, for that I'm so thankful.

I hope all of you have a great day tomorrow.  Find a few minutes to do something nice for yourself, you deserve it!
Susan

No comments: