Sunday, March 31, 2013

Jesus Christ has risen today, Alleluia!


Hi all,

First let me say that I hope everyone is having a blessed Easter.  We had a very nice dinner at my daughter's home.  All three of my daughters, and their families were there, as well as, some other family friends.  Way, way too much food!  Everything was very good, indeed, just too much of it.
Everyone one brought one or two covered dishes to share. 

After dinner, I played an Easter egg game with the nine kids who were there.  Six of them were my Grandsons, the other three were friends of theirs.  It amazes me that all nine of the kids (and I call them kids, even thought my Grandsons range from almost 16 to almost 22) were all boys.  The eggs were basically filled with money, so they all loved playing a game with money for prizes. 

We didn't stay too long after that, as I really wasn't feeling very well.  I wasn't very hungry before we started eating, and I ate more than I wanted.  When I do this, it makes my heart work so hard.  Then I can't breathe very well.  I wasn't having PVC's, which is a good thing.

Of course, there were lots of leftovers to drag home with us.  The fruit will not go to waste, as both my husband and I love fruit.  I'm not sure about the leftover cake.  I made biscuits using a recipe I saw on Facebook.  I took Pillsbury biscuits, flattened them out a bit, put about 12 mini chocolate chips and five mini marshmallows in the center.  Then I wrapped them up and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top and baked.  Needless to say, there were none left to bring home.  I also prepared baked sweet potatoes and I had a few left over to bring home.

Of course, the real purpose for Easter, is to celebrate Jesus' rising from the dead.  Can you even begin to imagine what would have happened to the human race, if God would not have permitted His only begotten Son, Jesus, to be crucified and then hung up on a cross to die.  His death gave us life, His resurrection into heaven continues giving us life every minute of every day.  I don't know of any other father alive, who would have given their child up for Crucifixion and death.  Do you?  I didn't think so...

I participated in the Mass, which was held at the Basilica in Washington, DC.,  on television early this afternoon.  It is such a beautiful church; the flowers were spectacular and the service was very moving.  I'm having trouble, actually sitting in a church.  It seems that after I'm in a church for a while, I become light headed and it becomes hard for me to breathe.  I have no idea what is causing this to happen to me, but there really isn't much I can do about it.  Since I usually attend Mass alone, it frightens me a lot.   I usually now participate in the Mass that is broadcast from Irondale, AL on EWTN on Sunday at noon time.

I am so excited, because my novels should be delivered either tomorrow or Tuesday.  I'm so anxious to hold one and check it out.  I love to write.  It doesn't matter what it is, I just love creating.  I'm in the process of writing a booklet entitled:  The Day the Flowers Died. It will be available through amazon in a day or two.  It's about living with any chronic illness; how it changes your life and the life of your spouse.  Check it out! 

If you go onto Amazon, check out the other four books I have available for Kindle:  Sassy With A Capital S, The Secret in the Claw Feet Box, Cardiovascular Disease:  Changing Lives, and Crafty-Cruise With a Capital C. 

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a great Easter with family and/or friends.  I also hope you managed to find an hour or so just for yourself.  We all need some alone time; time for us to sit quietly and listen to the whispering that God does in our ear. 

Be safe tomorrow, as you head back to your place of employment and have a wonderful day!  God bless you.
Susan

No comments: