Saturday, March 2, 2013

What's on Your Bucket List?

Good morning to you all,

Well, here we are with the weekend in front of us once again.  If you have children at home, I'm sure you're weekend will be a busy one.  If you're retired, it may be somewhat busy, but without all the drama.  As for me, I have no definite plans for this weekend.  Does that make me sad, absolutely not.  I may not have any plans, but I do have lots I can do. 

My husband took off for the morning and part of the afternoon for parts unknown.  Well, not really unknown.  He's just doing his own thing.  Which pleases me.  After seven years of me trying to get him to do things by himself, he's finally got the hang of it.  That makes me happy.  I hate that he just sits around the house with nothing to do, particularly in the winter months.  He's not one for sitting in front of the television and watching it all day.  Since my life is quite sedentary, I basically have little choice, but I can't sit and watch TV all day either. 

So, I believe that today, I will continue to work on proofreading my novel.  Perhaps I shall work on a new greeting card design or try to finish my latest quilted piece.  So, as you can see, even though I can't run around doing things, there is plenty I can do while in the comfort of my own home.  That makes me very happy, since I love my home.  I feel secure and safe here.  I don't have a problem being here in the quiet.  I do know, that I'm never really alone, God is also here with me.  He gives me this sense of contentment and safety.  For that I thank Him every day.

As far as my having a bucket list, I don't actually have one.  What I do have is the desire to complete as many creative tasks that God lets me do in the time I have left on this earth.  You see, He has blessed me with these abilities, and it would be a sin for me to waste them. 

I've been seriously thinking about my next writing adventure.  I think I'd like to write a story about how heart disease has affected my life and what I'm doing to live with it.  I also want people to know and understand how very much it effects my husband, and how much he's overlooked by others because I can't do certain things any more.  Couples who both have their health, can't understand or put themselves in our shoes.  Believe me, it's not easy for me, but it's not easy for him either.  The sad part is that he's in fairly good health and quite capable of participating in activities. 

Well, if you have a bucket list, I'd be happy to hear what's on it.  Send me a comment and let me know.  Have a safe and full weekend and find a few minutes for yourself.  You need it!  God speed!
Susan

No comments: