Friday, June 7, 2013

And now they begin...

Hi all,

My title is referring to the hurricanes for the season.  It amazes me how much more severe these storms have become during the last ten or twenty years.  They have been causing total destruction in many areas.  I don't remember ever having storms this disastrous.  How about you?

I know that we have had hurricanes many times during my younger years, but it doesn't seem like there was so much devastation.  How about all these tornadoes, with the utter piles of rubble they have been letting behind.  One day your house, car and property is absolutely fine and then within a few short minutes, everything is gone.  Sometimes, including human lives.  It breaks my heart for these families. 

I have to ask myself, why is this happening?  Is there a logical reason for this?  Does it have to do with global warming?  Or perhaps it's from all the chemical and hazard stuff factories omit into the air these days?  Or maybe it's from all the car fumes?  Whatever has been responsible for this drastic change in our weather, I hope someone soon finds a way to change things.  It's not just here in the United States, either.  Do you have any ideas?

All I know is that, I, as an old lady, can not change the weather pattern.  But, I do hope that someone, at some point, can figure out what the cause is, and then do something to change it. 

I understand that this hurricane season is to be a very severe one.  That means more destruction here in the United States, and more pain, suffering and deaths for all of us.  This idea really upsets me.

Now, to change the subject, what have you been up to lately?  I've been spending time each day doing research for the third novel in my series.  I'm working on typing up my research notes, so I won't have to take the time to look something up, when I start writing the book.  I guess I'll get started writing within the next couple of months. 

I am getting excited about this new novel.  I have alot of ideas and it's hard to get them all down on paper, so I don't forget them.  Last night, while trying to fall asleep, some things kept popping into my head.  It took me awhile to get these thoughts out of my mind, so I could fall asleep.

Well, it's been raining all day here, sometimes just a drizzle and other times a pouring down rain.  What a dreary day!  I hate days like this.  It seemed like I didn't have any energy all day today.  Oh yeah, that's my normal day, isn't it?  I did do two loads of laundry this morning, though.  So, I did do something constructive today, besides doing research.

Tomorrow, my husband has a golf tournament for most of the day.  I'm glad that the rain should be out of here by tomorrow morning.  I know he's really looking forward to competing in this tournament.  I'm happy that he has the opportunity to golf whenever he gets the chance.  He works hard and I am pleased when he gets to do something that he enjoys.  So, I wish him luck and hope he enjoys himself tomorrow.

As for me, I suppose I will still be doing research and typing up notes tomorrow.  Maybe one of my friends will come in to see me tomorrow.  We'll see.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Try to set some time aside just for yourself, over the next two days.  I'm sure most of you will be very busy, running kids around, but time for yourself is very important, also.

Whatever you do, stay safe and have some fun!
Susan

PS:  Don't forget to do something creative over the weekend.  You know that creativity exist in many things, not just drawing, painting or writing.  How about trying a new recipe over the weekend, or perhaps plant some flowers in your flower beds.  Choose the plants you like and arrange them creatively.  Beautiful flower beds are a creative talent!

No comments: