Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What's Up?

Hi all,

How is everyone this evening?  Since today is Wednesday, I'm sure a lot of you are busy just getting home from work or just starting work.  Of course, even when you get home, you still have dinner to prepare and/or yard or house work to do.  Or perhaps a load of laundry. 

Unless you're retired, then you may just be kicking back after eating dinner and doing very little.  If you're like me, you're sitting inside in the air conditioning.  It's been so darn hot here this week, and it doesn't seem like that will change for another few days yet.  The weather report calls for possible thunder storms and/or showers for the next seven days.  I suppose you will have that when the temperature gets up to ninety degrees. 

So, I  guess you know that I've been staying indoors alot.  Actually, I finished my cleaning today.  Now that's done until July.  We have central airconditioning, and it's just the two of us, so the house doesn't really get very dusty during the summer months.  Thank goodness!

What have you been up to?  I haven't done any more on my current novel for a few days now.  I need to get back to writing soon.  I've been busy doing other things lately.  I'm working on iris folded designs to use with my handmade Christmas greeting cards.  Doing a picture using Iris Folding is a long and tedious process, but I love the affect it makes on the card.  So, although I haven't been doing much writing, I have been doing something creative.  I guess you could even call cleaning "creative", although I'd call it "not fun".

We're supposed to be getting a new air conditioning unit soon.  We haven't had any trouble with the one we currently have, but it is getting quite old and we'd rather replace it while it's still working, instead of waiting until it conks out on us.  I truly wouldn't be able to stay here if the air conditioning wasn't working.  The heat and humidity makes it extremely hard for my heart to work properly.  My chest just tightens up and I can't get my breath.  Believe me, it's not a pleasant feeling and I try to keep it from occurring. 

Just yesterday, my daughter, Mari, posted on FB that it's six months until Christmas.  Can you believe that?  I love that season better than any other one we celebrate.  Time has been rushing by so fast.  You do realize that a week from tomorrow, is July 4th already.  It seems like just a few weeks ago we celebrated Valentine's Day.  Before we know it, summer will be over and school will be back in session.  Two of my Grandsons will be heading off to college in the fall.  I'm happy for them and wish them all the best.  Two are working full time jobs and that lets two left in high school.  Where does the time go?  I just turned sixty five years old and that's so hard for me to believe.  Where did all those years go to?

Well, for all those of you who are working, you are now on the downward side of the work week.  So, smile, that's a good thing.  I remember that feeling so well.  Stay in the cool or stay in a pool to remain cooled off, either way, stay safe.  If you have to be out in the hot sun, wear sun screen.  Skin cancer is on the rise! 

I wish all of you well.
Susan





My birthday flowers.  Aren't they just beautiful?







No comments: