Monday, June 17, 2013

And on to the start of another week...

Hi all,

Well, now that Father's Day is passed, I do hope that all you Fathers out there had a super great day.  Being a good Dad is hard work.  It involves making a lot of hard decisions concerning your sons and daughters.  Many of which result in them being very angry with you.  As a Dad you have to stand your ground in those things which will make your child a better person.  Saying "no", in many cases, is your way of saying "I love you" to them, even though they won't figure that out for many, many years to come. 

My Dad and Grandpa have been on my mind a lot lately.  They've both passed away, but that doesn't stop me from thinking of them often.  My Dad was my hero.  He worked long and hard for his family.  So we could have a good home and life.  I was Daddy's little girl and I miss that!

Yesterday was a very quiet day for me, as my husband traveled about two and one half hours to a reunion.  He was gone from 9:15 am until 7:45pm.  Most days I can keep myself busy, but for some reason, I couldn't yesterday.  I spend much time alone, and usually I'm okay with it.  I couldn't even concentrate on working on my novel.  Not sure what was up with that!

Things are back to normal today.   The sun was shinning this morning, but lately it's been going in and out.  I didn't think we were to have rain until tomorrow afternoon.  I  understand that by the end of the week, we are to have temperatures of 90 degrees.  Ugh!   For some reason when it's so hot outside, I can't force myself to even go outside of the house.  Maybe I'm just getting old!!

I'm in the process of trying to come up with a little mystery to add to my new novel.  I have some thoughts in mind, but haven't decided on any particular one just yet.  I'm sure I will eventually come up a super idea.  My writing means so much to me.  I have some other things I'd like to do, but haven't really started anything else as of yet. 

I hope this week brings good things your way.  Don't work too hard and make sure to keep a little bit of time for yourself.  We all need that! 
Susan

No comments: