Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm almost ready, are you?

Hi all,

Well, the weekend is almost upon us.  What will you be doing this weekend?  Will you be starting something creative?  Perhaps something that you are passionate about?  As I've said before, there are so many ways for a person to be creative.  How about those flower beds of yours?  I'm sure many of you would enjoy working out in them, planting some beautiful summer flowers or bushes.  I realize that anyone can plant flowers and shrubs.  But, it takes someone with a bit of creative ability to do it in such a way to make everything look symmetrical. 

As for me, I am about ready to start on my new novel.  I believe I have now completed the bulk of the research which I needed to do.  I'm sure there will be a few things pop up from time to time that I will need to research, but I'll worry about them as I come upon them.  I was trying to fall asleep last night and all I could think about was how I wanted to start this novel.  Well, I finally got my mind off my writing and fell asleep.  I still have a few things I need to be doing; such as applying for an ISBN number for the new novel.  Although, that really won't take too much time, as it's done on line and received back to me by the Internet.  It's just taking the time to sit down and place my order.  I think tomorrow will be a good day for me to accomplish that task.

My husband, Gerry, will be participating in a golf tournament for charity tomorrow, so I'll have much of the day free to choose whatever I want to do with myself.  I know that once I get started actually writing the book, I will not want to stop.  I have a feeling this one will be longer than either of the other two, as the trip we will be making takes place over a twenty five day period. 

Also, I soon need to be thinking about designing a front and back cover for the novel.  I have some ideas for both of these, but I just need to set the time aside to play on my computer for awhile.  I've designed all the covers of my books by myself.  Since I have been blessed with both writing and artistic abilities, it saves me some cash by designing and creating them myself. 

I lead a very sedentary lifestyle because of my chronic congestive heart failure and other illnesses.  I'm not complaining, not by any means!  I've completely accepted and embraced my illnesses with both arms wide open.  God has truly blessed me and I need to give back for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me all through my life. 

Next week I will celebrate my sixty-fifth birthday.  My, oh my, where have the years gone?  They just seem to have flown by so fast.  I've had a good life.  I've always been given everything I needed at the time.  Sure, sometimes it was tough getting by, either due to a lack of money or personal burdens I had to carry.  But, God always carried me when I could no longer walk on my own.  I cherish every year that God gives me to be alive.  Starting year sixty-five is exciting for me.  What surprises await me this coming year?  I'm sure there will be some great ones and some unpleasant ones.  But, no matter which they are, I will get through them with God right by my side, as always.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  The weather is to be pretty good, so get outside if you have the opportunity.  Whatever you choose to do, have some fun!  Enjoy the time you have with your family or friends.  People come and go so fast in our lives, enjoy them while they're here.  It's so important that we tell those we love, how we feel about them every day.  We just never know what day will be our last one, or the last one for the people we love. 

God gave us the gifts of Faith, Hope and Love.  He says that the greatest of these is Love.  I believe that if you love someone with your whole heart, the faith and hope will follow, how can it not?
I wish you a joyous and fulfilling weekend with love and joy.  God be with you always.
Susan

This picture was taken on May 1st, at my Daughter's house.  We were attending a graduation party for one of my Grandsons.





No comments: