Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am getting old! Or am I?

Hi all,

Well, guess what today is?  It's my birthday.  I am sixty five years old today and I give thanks to my Lord that I am alive to celebrate today's birthday.  I have been so fabulously blessed.  So, today, on my birthday, I am content! 

Now for a short story:  I was born on June 20, 65 years ago.  It was also Father's Day and the day on which my Grandmother passed away.  She was only in her fifties.  This Grandmother was my Father's Mother.  Obviously, I've never gotten to meet her.  Her name was Edna.  I wish I would have gotten to know her.  I'm sure that was a very hard day for my Dad.  He must have been so sad that his Mother just passed away, and then happy because of my birth.  I can't even imagine what a hard day that must have been, and it was Father's Day.

My husband, Gerry, invited my daughters and their familites (who were available) to join us for my birthday dinner tonight at the Olive Garden.  Only six of them were able to make it, but we sent meals home for those who had to work, if they wanted one.  I don't usually make a big deal out of my birthday, but it was very nice spending it with half of my family.  (We missed you, Candy, Mike, Cori, Jacob, Toby and Luke.) 

I got so many flowers for my birthday, that my house is like a green house.  They are so beautiful!  All in all, it was a great day for me.  My thanks to everyone!

No comments: