Saturday, October 3, 2020

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Saturday, October 3


Union of Love
A Pure Victim of Love

October 2, 1936. The First Friday of the month. After Holy Communion, I suddenly saw the Lord Jesus, who spoke these words to me: Now I know that it is not for the graces or gifts that you love Me, but because My will is dearer to you than life. That is why I am uniting Myself with you so intimately as with no other creature (Diary, 707).

When I entered the chapel for a five-minute adoration, I asked the Lord Jesus how I should conduct myself during this retreat. Then I heard this voice in my soul: I desire that you be entirely transformed into love and that you burn ardently as a pure victim of love ... (Diary, 726).



My Prayer Response:
Lord Jesus, You know my miseries and weaknesses better than I do, but Your infinite mercy can set my heart on fire for You alone. Make me burn ardently as a pure victim of love. Have mercy on me, a sinner, and on the whole world!

OCTOBER 3, 2020

"There is still time for endurance, time for patience, time for healing, time for change. Have you slipped? Rise up. Have you sinned? Cease. Do not stand among sinners, but leap aside."
— St. Basil the Great

No comments: