Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Sunday, October 4


Union of Love
Gratitude for God's Mercy

In the evening, a great longing took possession of my soul. I took the pamphlet with the Image of the Merciful Jesus on it and pressed it to my heart, and the following words burst forth from my soul: "Jesus, Eternal Love, I live for You, I die for You, and I want to become united with You." Suddenly, I saw the Lord in His inexpressible beauty. He looked at me graciously and said, My daughter, I too came down from heaven out of love for you; I lived for you, I died for you, and I created the heavens for you. And Jesus pressed me to His Heart and said to me, Very soon now; be at peace, My daughter. When I was alone, my soul was set afire with the desire to suffer until the moment when the Lord would say, "Enough" (Diary, 853).



My Prayer Response:
Lord Jesus, thank You for what You have done for me and for the whole world. I thank You for the love You have for me. I also thank You for the love and mercy You want to pour out on all mankind. I thank You even for those who have not thanked You. Give them grateful hearts, O Lord.

OCTOBER 4, 2020

"You change your life by changing your heart."
— St. Benedict of Nursia

No comments: