Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tuesday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Tuesday, October 20 God's Will Vs. Our Self-Will Strengthened to Do God's Will I am surprised that you still have not completely renounced your self-will, but I rejoice exceedingly that this change will be accomplished during the retreat (Diary, 369). [Then] I heard these words: I am with you. During this retreat, I will strengthen you in peace and in courage so that your strength will not fail in carrying out My designs. Therefore, you will cancel out your will absolutely in this retreat and, instead, My complete will shall be accomplished in you. Know that it will cost you much, so write these words on a clean sheet of paper: "From today on, my own will does not exist," and then cross out the page. And on the other side write these words: "From today on, I do the will of God everywhere, always, and in everything" (Diary, 372). Listen to this entry: My Prayer Response: Lord Jesus, may Your love strengthen me to do Your will everywhere, always, and in everything. May I live the "Our Father" petition: "Thy will be done!" OCTOBER 20, 2020 "O my God, teach me to be generous, to serve you as you deserve to be served, to give without counting the cost, to fight without fear of being wounded, to work without seeking rest, and to spend myself without expecting any reward, but the knowledge that I am doing your holy will. Amen." — St. Ignatius of Loyola

No comments: