Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Thursday, October 15 Writing Bless This Pen As I took the pen in hand, Iaddressed a short prayer to the Holy Spirit and said, "Jesus, bless this pen sothat everything You order me to write may be for the glory of God." Then I hearda voice: Yes, I bless [it], because this writing bears the seal of obedience toyour superior and confessor, and by that very fact I am already given glory, andmany souls will be drawing profit from it. My daughter, I demand that you devoteall your free moments to writing about My goodness and mercy. It is your officeand your assignment throughout your life to continue to make known to souls thegreat mercy I have for them and to exhort them to trust in My bottomless mercy (Diary, 1567). My Prayer Response: Thank You, Lord Jesus, for blessing the pen of St. Faustina with which she wrote under holy obedience. Her faithfulness to You continues to inspire people around the world. Her Diary has now been translated into dozens of languages and reaches out to millions in need of Your mercy. OCTOBER 15, 2020 "Work hard every day at increasing your purity of heart, which consists in appraising things and weighing them in the balance of God's will." — St. Francis de Sales

No comments: