Saturday, January 19, 2013

Back In The Groove...


Hi all,

How is everyone doing on this nice Saturday in January of 2013?  I suppose we should enjoy today's weather, as starting tomorrow it's going to get much colder out there.  Actually, so far this winter, we've been lucky, temperature wise. 

Wow, I can hardly believe that it is the nineteenth of January already.  We're over half way through this month already.  So far, it's been the start of a productive year for me.  How about you?  Have you gotten the jump on anything for 2013?

Today I ordered Christmas gifts for my Red Hat Ladies for next Christmas.  Hurrah!  Not only am I ahead of the game, but I also got great gifts at reduced prices.  You just can't beat that!  To make it even better than that, I paid for them with a credit which I had on one of my credit cards. 

I've spent quite a few hours this week working on my sequel novel, "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C".  It 's a continuation of "Sassy" With A Capital "S". It can be read either with the first novel or separately. 

My husband gave me The Dragon for Christmas.  I don't quite have the knack of it, just yet, but I hope to soon.  I think it will save me time when doing my writing.  I have to buff up on the commands before I start using it in earnest.  Does anyone have one, and do you like it?

My Red Hat Lady Group came to my home today for a craft day.  We had a great time.  We all learned how to make coin purses/card cases out of duck tape.  It was quite easy and they all turned out great.  I fixed a lunch of cheesy broccoli soup and Tastefully Simple Cranberry and Orange Scones.  I made a spread to put on the scones.  For dessert, I used the Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake mix with chunky applesauce in place of the butter and I used one half cup of orange juice instead of water.  It turned out great. 

I was having a Tastefully Simple book show for my daughter, so that's why I treated the girls to Tastefully Simple products.  We all had a good time.  I so enjoy seeing my friends.  Each one of them is unique in their own way. 

Well, I'm a bit tired now, so I think I'll hang it up for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Susan

No comments: