Saturday, January 5, 2013

It's Just Slipping By So Fast!


Hi all,

How's everyone today?  It's been a very peaceful and quiet Saturday here in York, PA.  My husband went to watch one of our Grandsons play in a high school basketball game, while I stayed home.  I don't know about you, but I have a very hard time pushing myself to go outside on cold windy days.  It seems that the older I get, I more of a home body I become.  This is especially true during the winter months. 

Wow, I just can't believe how fast January is flying by.  I suppose most people have already cleaned up all their Christmas decorations and packed them all away until Christmas 2013.  I know that's eleven and one half months away, but as you well know, it will come with the blink of a eye. 

I didn't do any writing on my novel today, but I did work on some of my 2013 handmade greeting cards.  I created seven of them and it took me about five hours or so to complete all of them.  I love creating different styles of greeting cards.  I admit that my cards are getting more complex all the time, but I see these new designs and I can't wait to try them.  I suppose that's how creative people are.  What do you think?  Are you creative and if so, what do you do?

I try to keep myself occupied as much as I can.  Sometimes, I am just too tired to create anything.  I just need to chill out and vegetate for a period of time.  Today I watched a couple of old movies staring Dick Van'Dyke and his son and Grandson.  They were from 2008, so I've mostly forgotten what they were about.  What kind of movies do you prefer to watch on television?  I like all different kinds, but I don't particularly care for 'shoot 'em out' Rambo types. 

Tomorrow is Sunday.  I have no plans, except for taking some time to keep Sunday holy and to praise God for all He has given me.  The bible says, "and on the seventh day He rested."  So, I suppose that's why we all prefer to rest some on Sundays, at least I do.

I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!
Susan

No comments: