Friday, January 11, 2013

It Was A Great Feeling!

Hi all,
Have you ever done something you love to do and in doing so, perhaps helped someone else?  Today was the day I was invited to speak to some of the students at York Catholic High School.  I admit, I was a bit nervous at first, but it soon went away. 

So, not only did I get to share some information with these young people about writing, whether it's writing a novel, a journal, for a newspaper, as a journalist, poetry, for a magazine or for any other reason, but I had fun doing it.  That's because writing is all part of my 'creative' passion. 

I thought perhaps they'd have more questions than they did, but the librarian, Ms, Murphy, said she didn't expect them to ask too many questions.  I know that's typical of teens when having a conversation with an adult, especially an old one like me.  I did make some of them smile and that makes me happy because I knew they were listening to me. 

It was a very good experience for me as a writer and as an alumni of YCHS.  Many thank to Ms. Murphy for giving me this wonderful opportunity. 

How was your day?  Did you do anything that you love to do today?  I surely hope you did and if you haven't, there's still time this evening.  Go for it!   

Tomorrow is Saturday and it's to be a fairly warm day here in York, Pa. for January.  My husband and some of his friends are going out golfing tomorrow.  The weatherman says it's to be cloudy all day, but temps up in the low fifties.  I hope he enjoys himself.  It makes me happy when he gets to do some of the things he loves to do and golfing is one of them.

As far as my plans for tomorrow, they're not carved in stone at this point, but I believe I will go up to my craft room and work on a few more of my hand made greeting cards.  I'm off to a great start, but I have so many to make between now and November.  You know, birthday cards, Mother's Day cards, Father's Day cards, Valentine's Day cards, get well cards, etc.  You get the picture.  The only cards I won't start crafting now is 2013's Christmas cards.  I usually wait until November to start them.  That process takes up quite a bit of my time, as I make approximately seventy of them.  Once again, it's doing something that I love to do, so I enjoy every moment of it. 

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm planning on working on my sequel novel, Crafty-Cruise With A Capital "C".  It will be nice and quiet here so I won't have any distractions.  At least, that's my plan as of right now.

I'm a little tired this evening, so I'm going to sign off for tonight.  Don't forget to do something you love to do, to complete your day!
Susan

No comments: