Friday, January 25, 2013

Boy, It's Cold Out Today!


Hi all,

Is it cold where you are?  Well, it is freezing here and it's snowing, as well.  The only good thing about the snow storm is that it's moving very quickly.  It should be out of here within the hour.  Hurrah!  We have about two or so inches.  I suppose I can put up with that much.  Of course, I really don't have much of a choice, now do I?

Today I donated about fifty hand bound novels to the York Catholic High School Library.  I'm sure they will put them to good use.  They have the library for the students, but they also have a small library for the adults at the school. 

Do you read?  I do.  I read every day.  In fact, I just finished one of JD Robb's book and then I started another one by her.  If you aren't familiar with JD Robb it is the pen name for Nora Roberts.  I love her books no matter what name she writes under. 

There are quite a few authors who write under their own names and also under a pen name.  I read that Stephen King said he first wrote under a pen name because he was afraid no one would buy his work.  Boy, was he wrong.  Maybe I should start writing under a pen name.  What do you think?   Although, I truly don't see the need for that.  I suppose I'll just stick with my own name.  What would you do:  write under a pen name or your own name?

My husband took me to Joanne Fabrics and Crafts today.  I needed to purchase some fabric for a small quilted piece I'm going to make to put around the base of the tree in my bedroom.  I'm also going to be working on a quilted runner for my dining room table.  Do you do any sewing, either by machine or by hand?  Of course, being a creative person, I love creating anything. 

I found a new pattern for my hand made greeting cards.  I'm anxious to try it out.  Hopefully this week I'll get a chance to get back up to my craft room to try it out.  I have about one half of this years greeting cards finished.  I love coming up with new styles and patterns.  It amazes me how my projects have improved over the years.  I guess that old adage, ' Practice makes perfect' is true.

Well, the weekend is upon us.  Do you have any special plans over the next two days?  I don't have any commitments, but I do have plenty of things to do between my writing, cards and quilting to keep myself busy.  Whatever you do, try to find some time for yourself.  Some time to do whatever gives you pleasure and lets you feel good about yourself. 

So, I will wish everyone a great weekend.  Keep safe and have some fun.
Susan

No comments: