Thursday, January 3, 2013

Can You Believe It?


Hi all,

Can you believe that today is the third of January, 2013, already!  It seems like it was just a short time ago that we were talking about Christmas coming.  I don't know about anyone else, but it seems that I never have enough time to do all the things I'd like to do.  Which I think is odd, seeing how I lead a very sedentary lifestyle now.

I went for groceries this morning and, as I so often do, I saw a gentleman who is the husband of a very good friend from years ago.  So, I sat down on the bench and chatted with him for a few minutes while I rested up from my walking around the grocery store.  It's hard to believe that I met his wife way back when my daughters were in grade school.  (My daughters are now all in their forties).  My how the time does fly. 

I am doing what I love to do, what is most important to me, what makes me feel good about myself.  How about you?  Do you have time to do something for yourself?  Something that makes you feel good about yourself?  If you don't, you need to make the time!  Everyone of us needs to take a few minutes each day to be quiet, to do some deep breathing exercises and to un-stress ourselves.  If ten minutes a day is all you can give yourself, then that's better than nothing.  Just do it!

I caught a few minutes of Dr. Oz on television the other day and his guest was showing him some free apps. that are available on your phone or on your computer, that are breathing exercises.  Check out Dr. Oz's web page to see if you can find the link.  I'm sure it will be worthwhile. 

I have been working on writing my novel quite a bit lately.  It's moving along quite nicely.  Yesterday my Financial Advisor called me to let me know how much he's enjoying reading my "Sassy" With A Capital "S" book.  He said he doesn't usually like 'ladies' books, but he is enjoying mine.  He also suggested that I write a murder mystery next time.  I told him I'd have to think about that.

My daughter, Angel, has agreed to draw a picture to go with the novel I'm working on now.  She's very good with art, but she doesn't use her talents very often.  So, I gave her a proposition she couldn't refuse.  Besides, I really didn't want to take the time to draw the picture myself, since it's quite involved.  I want a picture of eight older ladies on the deck of a cruise ship to go with my book, "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C".   I know she can do it, she just needs a gentle push from her Mom!

Well, I do hope you take a few minutes for yourself every day.  It's a very important step to happiness and contentment.
Susan

No comments: