Sunday, January 13, 2013

Praise God From Whom All Good Things Come!

Hi all,

Today, of course, is Sunday.  The day for taking time out of our busy lives to thank God for all the blessings He's bestowed on us.  I don't know about anyone else, but I, personally, thank Him every day for He has truly blessed me with the gift of life.

Have you ever wondered what your purpose is in this life?  Why were you allowed to have a safe birth, when so many other babies are either still born or don't even make it to the delivery stage, but are lost by miscarriage?  Why are you still alive today, at whatever age you may be, when every day on the news we hear of children, teens and young adults being killed or dying of natural causes?  Why are you still alive at the age of sixty, seventy or even eighty?  Check the obituaries for the ages of the people who die every day in your city.  They range from infants to the elderly.

Now you're probably asking yourself, just what is her point!  Well, I'm going to tell you what my point is.  I believe that from the moment of inception, God has a plan for each of us.  Some will live many years while others will die at a young age.  I also believe that sometimes God changes that plan according to what He feels is right for us individually. 

By this, I mean that as we develop in body, spirit, intelligence, physically and mentally, we adjust our purpose in living.  Perhaps, in the beginning of our lives, He really doesn't have it mapped out yet, but chooses rather to wait to see what type of person, both mentally, physically and morally we become. 

As you well know, God doesn't make us sick, either physically or mentally.  We, starting from Adam and Eve, chose to do what we wanted, apart from what God's plan was for us.  So, had they not made that choice, there would not have been any physical or mental illness.  We asked to be free to make our own decisions, and now, when something goes wrong, we choose to blame God.  Why?  He just  gave us what we wanted! 

I truly believe that there should be some special 'purpose' for each of our lives.  We were all given talents and an intellect.  Whether we use them for good is entirely up to us.  I believe this world would be a better place to live in, if each of us tried being a little kinder, a bit more pleasant and smiled more.  Instead we growl at everyone, we'll go out of our way to be unkind to people, and some of us never crack a smile.  How sad that this world has come to this! 

How do we change it?  That's a good question, one that I do not have an answer for right now.  I suppose it starts with one person at a time.  I try to put on a smile, even for a stranger.  I try to reach out to those who need a friend, someone to talk with.  I try to be kind to other people and to myself.  I believe that if we practice these things with ourselves and our families, eventually we will begin passing this behavior on to every person we meet.  It's worth a try, don't you think so?

Well, I do wish each of you a wonderful Sunday.  I pray that God blesses every person who reads this today and helps you to 'pass it on'.  I'm sure you've all heard that expression:  "pass it on".  If not, it means to pass on to someone else something good that's been done or given to you. 

God has truly blessed me and today I'm 'passing it on' to you.  God bless you!
Susan

No comments: