Thursday, April 4, 2013

Do You Have A Goal?

Hi all,

I think that's a good question for each of us to ask ourselves.  Do I have a goal?  I think we all should have some goals set for ourselves.  They don't have to be big, extravagant ones.  They could just be some small goals that you've been trying to attain, but haven't.  Perhaps just setting aside thirty minutes each day for yourself.  I can't tell you how important that is for you, especially if you're a woman.  Women who are raising a family and working, never put themselves first.  The husband, the kids, the job, the friends, everything else comes first.  It's just the way we're wired. 

I didn't start putting myself first until my girls were pretty much grown up.  It just felt wrong for me to think about myself, to do what was best for me, instead of what was best for my children.  Of course, my girls didn't need me to put them first anymore.  They were now young women. 

So, perhaps that could be a goal you make for yourself.  Just don't go overboard, especially if you have children at home yet or a husband.  But, thirty to sixty minutes each day isn't being selfish.  Just do it!  You'll be surprised at how taking time for yourself,  changes your relationships with others. 

Well, what's another goal you could set for yourself?  I know darn well you can think of a few things you could set as goals.  How about trying to keep your 'cool' more often; decide on eliminating one chore that you do, which really isn't necessary and then put something fun into that time period.  How about setting a goal to make yourself healthier.  Cut back on the carbs and fat content you eat every day.  You don't need to go on any starving diet to loose weight.  Just start counting calories or carbs every day.  If you count carbs, don't allow yourself anymore than 45 carbs (if you're just a few pounds over weight) per meal, or 55-60 per meal (if you're way over weight.).  I'm telling you this will work.  The secret is not to cheat.  Try not to have any snacks in between meals.  If you must, don't comsume more than 12-15 carbs and only snack one a day.  I'll be curious to see is this works for you. 

I'm sure you all know that the very best way to loose weight and then keep it off, is to eat a well balanced meal three times a day. If you have to snack, only eat one piece of fruit and only one snack per day.  Don't eat anything after six or six thirty in the evening. 

I know what you're going to say to that, "Oh, I have to snack in the evening because I'm hungry!"  Well, my answer to that is :  NO YOU'RE NOT!  You just have youself geared to snacking in the evening while watching television.  I don't eat after dinner because I have reflux.  I will admit that the first ten to fourteen days was very hard.  I was in the habit of snacking in the evening.  What I realized was that I'm not at all hungry.  It was just a terrible habit that I'd had.  I haven't snacked after dinner for about three years now and it never bothers me.  Even when people around me are snacking.  If I can do it, so can you!

Give it some thought and I'm sure you'll come up with a goal or two you can set for yourself.  As for me, I've decided that I will do something creative every day: writing, drawing, creating hand-made cards, reading (yes, that's creative too), trying a new recipe or something else.  Using my creative abilities is a very important thing for me.  God has so blessed me and I need to give back using the few ways that I am able. 

So, what I'm going to ask you today, is to take some time to think of what you'd like to set as a goal.  Don't make it so big that you know you won't be able to meet that goal.  Start small and move on from there. 

Good luck and God bless!
Susan

No comments: