Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Heart Breaks!

Hi all,

Well, like most of you, I've been glued to the television for the last few days, trying to catch up on all the news concerning the Boston Marathon Bombers.  I was so relieved, last evening, when they caught the younger brother and arrested him.  My heart goes out to all those who lost their lives, both on Monday and Thursday and yesterday.  Also, to all those who lost limbs, or were hurt in any way during the bombing.  It was all so senseless. 

I've said this many, many times lately, "What is happening to so many human beings, that they turn to violence for many reasons.  The get mad or angry at someone and they pull out a gun and shot them; they become outraged because someone accidental cuts them off while driving and their answer is to pick a fight, stab or shot them; they don't agree with one's religion or beliefs and they make a bomb or take a shotgun and kill them!  They rob, steal and cheat and think that it's okay to do that.  It simply makes no sense to me at all. 

So many times, we have these bombers who attach the bombs to themselves.  How about on 9/11 when the hijackers not only planned on killing a lot of Americans, but themselves as well.  When has life become so worthless?  When will this come to an end?  When will people wake up and realize the glorious gift of life that God has given to us? 

In this country, we have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of schools, freedom of so many choices.  I thought that was why so many foreigners are trying to get into this country!  Am I wrong?  If we have freedom of beliefs and speech, then why are people killing others because they don't agree with the other persons choices????  Makes no sense to me!

I must say that along with the sorrow I feel for all those injured and killed, I feel sadness that those two young men cared so little for their own lives, that they would do this to themselves.  Now, one's dead and the other will either be sentenced to death or live the rest of his life in prison.  For heavens sake, he was enrolled in medical school.  Medical school, where you learn to save lives!  I just can't seem to wrap my mind around his choices! 

I can only imagine how very sad God must be.  He gives us so very much and some of us turn it to destruction.  This is something I just do not understand, not today or not ever!  I'm simply heart broken.  I just don't know what else to say. 

Please pray for yourselves and for every living being.  We all need prayers.
God bless you.
Susan

No comments: