Monday, April 22, 2013

Today is Important!


Hi all,

As you well know, today is Monday, once again.  It comes around on every eighth day.  What does that mean for you?  I suppose that for the majority of you, it means heading back to work once again.  I remember when I was still working, how much I hated Mondays.  I suppose that was because I knew I had five days of work ahead of me.  Although, I have to say, that it memory serves me correct, Monday's usually went quite fast.  So, why do we hate them so much!

At the present, Monday's aren't much different to me than any other day of the week.  I do laundry every Monday and Thursday or Friday.  I suppose you could say that I'm a creature of habit.  I always have been.  It seems to just suit my personality quite well. 

I remember, years ago, how my Dad used to be such a home body.  He was in good health, but he just couldn't get excited about going places and seeing things.  My Mom was just the opposite.  She loved going on trips and taking vacations.  I've come to realize that when I was younger, I was a lot like my Mom, but since becoming ill, I've turned into my Dad. 

This makes me chuckle.  It's kind of nice to finally realize that I'm not only my Mom's daughter, but also my Dad's.  Just the other day, my husband stared to walk by the chair I was sitting in and he stopped and said, "You look more and more like your Dad, every day." 

My answer to him, with a big smile, was, "Thank you.  I loved my Dad."  Actually, I've always looked more like my Dad's side of the family, than my Mom's.  I like to think that I look like my Grandma Utterback.  You see, she died the very same day on which I was born.  So, how appropriate that I should look like her.  Don't you think so?  The problem is, I really don't know what she looked like.  I've only ever seen one picture of her.  I suppose I do look a bit like her, at least I'd like to think so. 

How about you?  Are your parents still alive?  I must tell you that I miss my Mom and Dad every day.  Actually, I was just talking about my Mom today.  She taught me so much.  Things that you can't learn in school.  She taught me how to respect the people who are in the lives of those I love.  She taught me all about God, how infinitely generous He always is.  She taught me how to clean, do laundry, iron, cook, sew and how to be creative.  I leaned how to be truthful, loving, kind and trusting from both Mom and Dad; they taught me how to be thankful for what I have and not always want the things I can't. 

I now live every day of my life with gratitude and acceptance to God.  It's been quite easy for me to live this way and now I understand why.  The answer, of course, is it was always within me.  My Parents influence has always been right here with me. 

                           So, in remembrance of my wonderful, loving parents:
                         
                          Dorothy C. (Welsh) Utterback and Harry Utterback, Jr.

  " I love and miss you both and I thank you for all the wonderful, strong qualities and values you      taught me; for the love and trust you bestowed on me and for always being there for me.  All my love to you both."

No comments: