Thursday, April 18, 2013

I still have faith in God, do you?

Hi all,

How is everyone doing today?  I caught the tail end of the Interfaith Service, which was broadcast from Boston today.  What moved me most, was that all these people of different faiths and political parties, congregated together to pray, to mourn and to once again, have faith in the future of this country.  President Obama's speech was one of hope, faith, love and certainly, punishment for this horrible crime.  He assured the people of Boston and everyone who was watching from their homes, that the person or persons responsible for this bombing, will be caught and punished.  I certainly hope so.

What's been on my mind lately?  Well, I'll tell you.  I keep asking myself, over and over, just what happens to human beings, that they can justify violently killing another person.  Those people who died in that bombing, were innocent.  They'd never done anything to deserve death.  What about that eight year old child?  Why would anyone want to kill him.  For that matter, why would his Mother and the other lady have to die?  And, what about all those other many, many people who lost limbs, internal injuries or the like in that senseless bombing. 

What really keeps going through my mind, is the fact that most people think it won't happen to them or someone they love.  But, the truth of the matter is, that it can and does happen to ordinary people every day.  No-one can or should, continue going through life assuming that bad things won't happen to them or someone they love. 

I'm not just speaking about terrorist attacks or shootings.  I'm talking about illnesses, accidents or any malady that can and does happen to all of us.  At any second, our lives can and will change.  When this happens, we will never be the same again.  Our normal lives no longer exist and will never return.  We have to make new normals for ourselves and sometimes that's very, very hard. 

We go along with our every day lives, running here and there, doing whatever needs to be done.  Dropping children off here and picking them up there, running errands, doing house work, laundry, working full time jobs and trying to keep peace within our families.  We just don't have the time to worry about the 'what if's'.  But, perhaps we should.  You ask why?  That answer is very simple; because bad things happen every day to someone.   Why not you?  Are you so special that nothing bad can happen to you?  If that's what you think, you will be heart broken when your world falls apart. 

I don't want to sound so pessimistic.  I, too, believe in God's love and mercy.  I know that, no matter what happens, God will always be here for me, just like He's always been here.  But, I also know, that hurtful things occur, each and every day to people just like you and me. 

God bless you and keep you safe.
Susan

PS:  I hope you see God in this beautiful sky He's made for us!

No comments: