Tuesday, June 19, 2018

How's your Tuesday going?

Good evening friends,

I am so happy that so many of you are reading the daily Mercy Minutes.  I have been reading these for a very long time now.  They certainly help me to get through my day, no matter how it turns out.  I hope they are helping you, also.

What have you all been up to lately?  As for me, my life is pretty much the same, day in and day out.  But, I'm not complaining, not at all.  I truly give thanks for waking up each morning.  When you suffer from Chronic Heart Failure and have a heart that doesn't beat fast enough to keep you alive without an implanted machine, you need to give thanks, daily.  I am soon turning seventy years old and I praise God that I'm still alive.

I can truly say that I have been extremely blessed, all throughout my life.  God let me be born to two of the most wonderful parents I could have ever asked for; as well as a wonderful Sister and Brother.  My Sister recently returned back to North Carolina, after a five or six week visit back home to Pennsylvania.  It is always so nice seeing her and catching up on what going on in her life.  She's become a very strong, independent woman, although it took her most of her life to get that way.  I'm so proud of her and all the hand embroidery projects she's allowed me to teach her.  We may not live close, but I think about her often and I'm so happy that she's happy and content with her life.

As for my projects, I'm currently working on some embroidered towels to use as gifts, and of course, I'm still working on my young children's blankets.  I found out about another charitable organization, here in York, that I can donate these blankets to, with a dressed, teddy bear in the center.  My husband delivered two dozen blankets there today for me.  The lady I spoke to, was so anxious to see them.  I just hope that they help the kiddos feel better.  This organization helps children, of all ages, to deal with grief.  I would imagine that loosing a parent or sibling, for a young child, is very hard to understand and I'm sure they don't have any idea on how to deal with the sadness they are filled with after the person passes.  They're too young to even try to understand about death in general.  I thank God for leading me to this organization.  It always amazes me how one kind hearted person can lead you to another kind and loving person, and then to just the right person.



I hope and pray that your week is going well for each of you.  Actually today was an extremely hot and very humid day.  So, I'm very glad to say that the intense heat and humidity is finally leaving, at least for a few days.  We're back to normal temps for the next seven days.

Take care of yourselves and may God bless you always.
Susan 

No comments: