Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Thursday, December 24 Humble Simplicity A Childlike Spirit Holy Hour. During this hour, I tried to meditate on the Lord's Passion. But my soul was filled with joy, and suddenly I saw the Child Jesus. But His majesty penetrated me to such an extent that I said, "Jesus, You are so little, and yet I know that You are my Creator and Lord." And Jesus answered me, I am, and I keep company with you as a child to teach you humility and simplicity (Diary, 184). Thursday. When I started the Holy Hour, I wanted to immerse myself in the agony of Jesus in the Garden of Olives. Then I heard a voice in my soul: Meditate on the mystery of the Incarnation. And suddenly the Infant Jesus appeared before me, radiant with beauty. He told me how much God is pleased with simplicity in a soul Although My greatness is beyond understanding, I commune only with those who are little. I demand of you a childlike spirit (Diary, 332). My Prayer Response: Lord Jesus, teach me humility and simplicity. May I be childlike in my willingness and openness to learn. May I have a childlike spirit to grasp Your greatness.

No comments: