Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Thursday, December 17 Conversations with the Merciful Savior Part One: With a Soul Striving after Perfection Jesus: I am pleased with your efforts, O soul aspiring for perfection, but why do I see you so often sad and depressed? Tell Me, My child, what is the meaning of this sadness, and what is its cause? Soul: Your response. Jesus: You see, My child, what you are of yourself. The cause of your falls is that you rely too much upon yourself and too little on Me. But let this not sadden you so much. You are dealing with the God of mercy, which your misery cannot exhaust. Remember, I did not allot only a certain number of pardons (Diary, 1488). Soul: Your response. My Prayer Response: Lord Jesus, You know my miseries better than I do. I want to do better. I want to rely more on You. Help me to plunge into the ocean of Your mercies, so my miseries may be transformed into a plea for mercy on the whole world. DECEMBER 17, 2020 "Upon receiving Holy Communion, the Adorable Blood of Jesus Christ really flows in our veins and His Flesh is really blended with ours." — St. John Vianney

No comments: