Saturday, December 26, 2020

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Saturday, December 26 Humble Simplicity Again, the Lesson of Humility A moment later, I again saw the child who had awakened me. It was of wondrous beauty and repeated these words to me, True greatness of the soul is in loving God and in humility. I asked the child, "How do you know that true greatness of the soul is in loving God and in humility? Only theologians know about such things and you haven't even learned the catechism. So how do you know?" To this He answered, I know; I know all things. And with that, He disappeared (Diary, 427). The day of the renewal of vows. The presence of God flooded my soul. During Holy Mass I saw Jesus, and He said to me, You are My great joy; your love and your humility make Me leave the heavenly throne and unite Myself with you. Love fills up the abyss that exists between My greatness and your nothingness (Diary, 512). My Prayer Response: Lord, again You appeared as a child to St. Faustina and repeated Your teaching: True greatness of the soul is in loving God and in humility. Lord, make me humble. DECEMBER 26, 2020 "In a world gone astray from God there is no peace, but it also lacks charity, which is true and perfect love... Nothing is more beautiful than love. Indeed, faith and hope will end when we die, whereas love, that is, charity, will last for eternity." — Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati

No comments: