Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Are you WRITING or reading?

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine has been a bit stressed.  I am learning so very much from my on-line marketing class, but haven't had much time to do any actual writing.   I was having some problems formatting my booklet, Congestive Heart Failure:  Changing Lives, so I could upload it to Kindle at:  www.amazon.com   It took me two days but I finally got it uploaded successfully.  The pictures weren't showing up on the preview, so I don't know what's going on with that.  I suppose I'll check that out again tomorrow. 

I believe that each of us has something that we are very good at, something that gives us a feeling of pleasure and self-worth.  Mine, of course, is being creative.  I write, draw, sketch and make hand made greeting cards.  My the way, I just read in today's paper, that greeting cards are going out of style.  Therefore some of the cards stores, are having money problems.  I just can't imagine a world without greeting cards in it.  Okay, I realize that things are changing, but I'm not so sure that losing the 'personal' touch is a good thing.  I still enjoy writing letters and sending a personalized greeting card to my friends.  They all seem to love getting them, as they're always telling me how special they feel to get a handmade card.  Of course, most of my friends are getting up in years, like me!

I will soon be starting my handmade Christmas greeting cards.  I will be making about sixty or seventy of them.  I get bored doing all the same designs, so I do six or eight of each design.  I'm so anxious to get started.  I guess it will have to wait until I'm done with my writing course.

Feel free to check out my booklet on Amazon.com. 

No comments: