Sunday, October 21, 2012

What's Important to You?

Hi all,

I hope your Sunday was a good one.  I, also, hope you made an effort to do something to be close to God today, whatever religion you practice. 

What is important to you?  That's the question on my mind right now.  I can share with you that my writing is very important to me.  I have one more week left to my marketing course.  It's been a busy five weeks for me.  I'm not used to be tied down to a time limit much anymore.  I, sort of, work at my own speed and finish when I'm feeling up to it. 

It's been hard on me, but I've enjoyed it.  I don't think I'll sign up for any more classes any time soon, though.  I think I've made some progress on marketing myself and my writing abilities, at least I hope I have. 

Lately, my mind has been going more and more to my Christmas cards.  I hand-make all my Christmas greeting cards.  I get tired of making too many of the same style, so I make about six or eight of many, many styles.  I have so many ideas in my head.  I'm getting excited to get started on them.  I will make around sixty-five or so. 

It means so much to me to bring joy to other people through my greeting cards, my writing and my art work.  It's what I do to give back to God for all the blessings He's brought into my life.  Mostly, for my still being alive today. 

Occasionally I wander why I was given cardiovascular disease and all the problems it's brought me.
I suppose it's because God knew I would be able to handle everything, with His help, of course.  I do try my best, but once and a while, it gets a bit hard on me.  But, I will keep trying, because I really don't have any choice, now do I?

So, I guess I'd have to say that LIVING is extremely important to me!  Being alive to see my daughters become such strong, honest and courageous women, has certainly been a blessing to me.  As well as, having good, honest and loving sons-in-law, means so very much to me.  Needless to say, my six grandsons has surely been one of my greatest blessings.  Last, but not least, is the blessing God's given me, when He brought my husband, Gerry, into my life.  Gerry is my soul mate, my support and my blessing from God.  I'd be lost without him. 

So, to answer my own question, I'd have to say that God is first in my life. My husband and my family are my lifeline.  I love them all so very much.  But, my life starts and ends with God.

Now, it's your turn to answer the question, what's important in your life?
Susan

No comments: