Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday, What's That???

Hi all,

I trust you all had a great Thanksgiving Day with family and friends.  My husband and I had Thanksgiving at my youngest daughter and her husband's house.  There were about twenty eight people in attendance.  We all took covered dishes, while she prepared the turkey, filling and gravy.  It was very relaxing and so good to spend the holiday with my family and friends. 

Now, to get to this Black Friday thing!  No, I didn't go shopping today.  I wasn't home today, but even if I had been, I would have not gone shopping.  To tell you the truth, I do much of my Christmas shopping on line.  Since becoming ill in 2006, I do very little store shopping anymore.  I just don't have the strength to run around trying to find the things I need. 

Actually, the gifts we give our children and grandchildren are usually money or gift cards.  Since my Grandsons have gotten older, they'd rather have the money or gift card.  That way, they are free to purchase whatever they'd like.  They like it that way and it's so much easier on me.

Since my husband has cut his work hours back to about sixteen hours per week, we've decided that starting this year, we would be slimming down on our Christmas giving this year.  This is not something I enjoy doing.  I love seeing my children and grandchildren happy.  It means so much to me to be able to share what I have with them.  But, since my husband is now seventy years old, it's time for him to slow down a bit and enjoy life more.  This also makes me happy!

My husband, Gerry (the great deer hunter) left today to head up to his hunting camp for the first week of deer season.  He hasn't bagged one for several years now, which means we haven't eaten deer meat for quite a while.  We recently purchased a quarter hind beef and both our chest freezers have quite a bit of meat in them.  He asked me (before leaving) if we will have enough room for deer meat if he gets one this year.  My response was, "Let's worry about that if you shoot a deer."  And the truth of it is that I won't worry about it until he actually bags the deer.

Well before we know it, November will be over and we'll be speeding into December and getting ready to close out another year.  I'm not sure I'm ready to end this one yet, but I suppose it really doesn't matter whether I'm ready or not.  It always amazes me at how fast each year passes.  I guess getting older has something to do with that, but what will be, will be!

I hope you all have a great weekend.  Do something to make yourself smile.  We all need to lighten up from time to time and take some time for a bit of silliness. 

No comments: