Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Holidays Are Fast Approaching!

Hi all,

Well, whether we want to admit it or not, the Thanksgiving and Christmas Seasons are almost upon us.  I'm already feeling a bit pressured.   How about you?  Any thing that's pressuring you?  Send me a comment and let me know.

I now have 35 Christmas cards finished; eight almost finished (tomorrow, hopefully!); and that lets about twenty or so more to hand make.  I'm starting to feel some pressure there to get them done.  Of course, they're not signed and addressed as of yet.

I have all my Red Hat Christmas gifts bought, but I soon need to get on the stick and get them wrapped.  Our banquet is on Dec. 8, so I need to shake a leg on that.  Also, I plan on making the ladies husbands a small gift, so that's another thing I need to get moving on. 

We, my red hat group, are having a Christmas Cookie Exchange on Dec. 6, so I soon need to decide what kind of cookies I'm going to bake for that. 

We are having a new furnace installed in our house this Saturday.  So, I haven't done much cleaning in the past week or two, since I don't know how much dust that installation will shake up. 

We, my husband and I, need to decorate the house and put the Christmas tree up in the next couple of days, as he will be away hunting for a week during the first week of deer season.  I am not able to lug the containers up from the basement anymore by myself.  So, I am at his mercy to help me with the decorating.  That's why we usually do it before he leaves for hunting.  When he gets back, that next week will probably be a very busy week at work for him.

I could go on, but I'll stop stressing now.  Oh, I almost forgot that I am going to Ocean City for four days in the near future.  As much as I love that thought, it means four days less of accomplishing things that I need to do.

I have put my sequel novel, "Crafty-cruise" With A Capital "C", on hold until after the holidays, simply because I don't have the time to work on it now.  That makes me sad, because I originally hoped to have it published by the end of the year.  But, no such luck!

All in all, I am looking forward to the holiday season, as Christmas is my very favorite time of the year.  How about you?  I think the thing I love about the season is that it makes me feel good inside.  Most people that I come in contact with are very friendly and happy.  I like that feeling!

I do have some of my shopping finished, but still have a good bit more to do.  I was going to Christmas shop at http://www.athome.com/marlenaebersole  and http://www.athome.com/angiealbright , but I ended up buying things for our house.  Go figure!
Check out their current flash sale and the 25% off regular priced items.

Check out their sites and please split your order between both of my daughters.  Thanks, I do appreciate it, and I know they will, also.

Please send me some comments.  I'd love hearing form you...
Susan

No comments: