Thursday, November 8, 2012

They're Coming, Ready or Not!

Hi, everyone!

How was your day?  Mine was good.  My title:  They're Coming, Ready or Not! refers to the Holidays, both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I can't believe we're almost into the middle of November.  Time just goes by so quickly.

When I was a teenager, I thought time went so slow.  Then as a young mother with three daughters, I still thought it moved slowly.  When my girls were teenagers, I thought it went too fast.  There was never enough time to get everything done.  There were too many meetings, ball games, school functions and just plain work, that I never had enough time for myself. 

Then I got old and became ill and I thought now time would drag, but it still just zooms by, from one year to the next. I lead a rather sedentary lifestyle and I assumed that time would drag by, but it does not.  Some days seem a bit long, but the weeks and months are gone before I know it.

With the Holiday Season coming, I wish time would just slow down a bit.  My favorite time of the year is the season from Thanksgiving until the first of the new year.  I don't do a lot of the homemade gifts and cooking like I used to do, but don't you just know it, time still speeds by. 

It makes me stop and think:  This is my life flashing before my eyes.  Before you know it, my life span will end and that will be the end of my time speeding away.  I'll finally be able to rest and relax in pure bliss.  How great to see my Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa once again. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not rushing my life away, but if you're over sixty, you are on the downward leg of your journey.  Being ill makes it shorter yet, but I'm okay with that.  When God decides that it's my time to leave this earth, I'll be ready. 

My advice for today is to spend time with those you love, or as much time as they can fit into their schedules for you, which probably won't be very often.  Love God with all your heart and try to live by the Ten commandments.  Try to be a good person and a loving spouse or partner, mother, father, son, daughter, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc. and a good friend to those you care about. 

Talk with God every day and don't forget to go to Him with your needs and requests, but then make sure you be quiet and listen when He whispers in your ear.  Don't worry, He will, but you need to be still and listen!  Practice gratitude and acceptance every day of your life.  You'd be surprised how the stress and anxieties seem to become less.   

No comments: