Friday, November 2, 2012

Good Morning To You All!

Well, good old Friday has, once again, graced us with it's presence.  I'm sure for many of you, it's the end of the work week, giving you two days off to relax.  Or, maybe not!  I remember those days when I worked a full time job and ran around on the weekends for basketball, cheer leading, grocery shopping or the like.  Not to mention having to clean the house.  Although it was good not to have to get up at the crack of dawn and go to work, weekends didn't necessarily mean 'resting'.  Of course, my life isn't like that anymore, children all grown with their own kids, not working any more because of illness, leading a rather sedentary lifestyle, which means I get to rest every day. 

If you asked me which I'd choose, typically I answer that I'd like a bit of both worlds.  That's just not going to happen, so I will just accept the life I've been given with praise and joy to God.  I still wake up every day, am able to write, draw, make hand made cards and do other creative things. So, I'm content to live my life with my illness because I'm STILL LIVING with HEART DISEASE

What's on your agenda for the weekend?  Anything exciting?  I'm not sure I'd say my schedule is exciting, but then, I suppose it depends on one's perception of exciting.  I will be alone much of tomorrow, because my husband is attending a viewing and funeral about three hours from home.  That's okay, I've become used to being alone since I've spent most of the last seven years by myself during the day.

 I don't cringe when I'm alone with the silence.  Sometimes, I rather enjoy it.  It gives me time to speak with God or just to listen to what He's trying to tell me.  Sometimes, all we do is ask, over and over again for His help, when we need to be quiet and listen to His answers. 

Well, I finally finished my first eight hand made Christmas cards.  Of course, I had to start with a very complex one, which took some time just to get all the pieces cut and ready to assemble.  Hopefully, I will be able to work on the next eight  or so today.  It gives me so much joy to create my own cards.  I believe they make people smile and I hope they feel special that they receive a hand made card from me.

 Giving back to God is what I need to do, now and for the remainder of my life.  I am so truly blessed, every day.  Always have been and I know I always will be until God takes me home to live, once again, with Him.

Have a great weekend!  Take some time for yourself.  It's very important to each of us, especially you women with families at home, because we don't take time for ourselves very often.  We're predisposed  to always put our families first.
Susan

No comments: