Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh no, It's Here Again!

Hi all,

Of course, what I mean by my title is that Monday is almost upon us, once again.  I remember when I worked a full time job, how fast the weekends flew by.  Monday for me is laundry day.  I have to say that I am a creature of habit, always have been and I suppose I always will be.  I can break my schedule, once and a while, but I don't very often.  I tend to be a very organized person.  I have always been that way and I guess I like myself that way.  It helps me to stay on top of everything I have to do.  Although, some days I don't have a lot of things to do. 

Last evening my Red Hat Group, The Radically Radiant Red Ladies, had a Not So Progressive Dinner.  It was held at the Lutheran Senior Village in Chambersburg, in the Community Room.  Their community room is a beautiful space, even the rest rooms are nice. 

We had one table set up for Appetizers, one for the Main Course, and a third for desserts.  There were seven ladies from the group.  Six of our husbands were able to join us.  Two of the ladies prepared appetizers to tantalize our taste buds, while three of the women prepared pot roast, potatoes and carrots.  They all cooked them in their crock pots.  That left two ladies preparing desserts:  one was a Apple Bunt Cake and the other was Not Your Mommas Banana Pudding.  Everything was quite yummy and, as always, we had too much food!  Great food, great friends, what more could one ask for in this life.

I hope you all had a good Sunday.  Mine was a bit quiet, which I liked.  I worshipped God this morning and then this afternoon I watched Christmas movies on television.  I, also, prepared a large pot of home made vegetable soup for dinner tonight.  I love homemade soup, any kind, any time.  Now, I plan on watching another Christmas movie.  So, goodnight to all!

Susan

No comments: