Sunday, November 4, 2012

The End Comes, As Usual!

Hi all,

Of course, I am referring to the end of the weekend.  I suppose it could mean the end of the day, since it's now evening, or the end of many other things.  How about:  the end of us procrastinating, the end of us blaming other people for our mistakes, the end of us whining that things don't go our way or perhaps it's the end of us blaming God for all the things that go wrong in our life. 

That surely gives us all some things to think about, doesn't it.  If you have troubles in your life, you are definately not alone.  We all have difficulties to deal with on a daily basis.  For instance, I could sit and complain that I spent Saturday alone, but what good would it do me?  It's not going to change anything.  There was a good reason for my being alone.  It was because my husband had to attend a viewing and funeral about two and a half hours from here. 

We all make mistakes in our lives.  That's a part of growing and learning.  At sixty four I'm still learning so much every day.  Some times it's just something I read in a book or some other little tidbit I pick up.  Lately, I've been learning a great deal because of my writing.  What have you learned today. 

I started working on another nine of my hand made Christmas cards.  I've been making cards for quite some time now, but each project is trial and error.  I enjoy experimenting with different styles of cards.  Most times they work, but sometimes they don't.  So, that's just a lesson learned by me.

I've been spending some time lately on the web site:  www.fanstory.com/susanlappmellott  I really enjoy it because it's for writers.  I've submitted about six stories on the site.  Three of them being excerpts from my memoirs.  I enjoy writing non-fiction, because when I do, I realize how much I've grown and learned over the years.  But, mostly, I realize just how many times God has carried me during those years, and He still is! 

I do hope your weekend was enjoyable and restful.  Try to get a good nights sleep so you will be wide eyed and bushy eyed in the morning, whatever your plans may be.

Susan

No comments: