Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday, God's day (and mine) of rest!

Hi all,

Today is God's day of rest!  After He created all of this world for us, He rested on Sunday.  I would say it was a well deserved rest, too.  I think it's so very sad that we don't look around us and see all the beauty God has created for us to enjoy.  Beauty that doesn't cost us a penny. 

I have been in Ocean City, MD for the past few days and I can't wait to see the sky each morning as I crawl out of bed.  I've taken pictures of it and God's beauty just keeps amazing me.  I basically brought my camera along just for that purpose.  I've been mesmerized with the sky every since I was here, in OC, in September.  Then it was the sky as night was falling.  Since then, I've been taking more time to just stop for a second and glance up.  It truly amazes me at it's beauty.  It's so simple to enjoy, just walk outside, stand still for two minutes and look up at God's glorious sky.  It's there for every single one of us to enjoy.

It is God's day of rest, but I needed some rest this afternoon as well.  We've been on the go, with not much sleep for the last few days.  I've rested some, but I choose this afternoon to just hang out by myself and relax.  The lack of sleep is beginning to get to me.  Tomorrow we head home. 

Our Thanksgiving holiday was very nice.  I got to spend Thanksgiving Day with all three of my daughters, their spouses or partner and my six Grandsons; of course, my husband, Gerry, was with me, and some friends.  That just made the day perfect. 

I haven't had much time to do any writing, except on my blog.  I truly need to get back to my novel, but I know December will be a busy month for me.  I will continue using my creative abilities because I need to finish my Christmas cards this coming week.  That will be a weight, but a good one, lifted from me. 

I'd also like to write another article for Ezine Articles on cardiovascular disease.  Perhaps in January!
I've been keeping up some on my reading and writing for Fanstory, but not as much as I'd like to.  Hopefully I will have more time for that, too, in January.

I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and are preparing for the Christmas Season.   God bless you all.
Susan

No comments: