Friday, November 16, 2012

What's Up With You?

Hi all,

Did you have anything exciting happen to you today?  I hope you did, but even if you didn't, today is Friday, so the weekend is upon us.  I'm sure if you are still working, that's an exciting thing. 

I had an exciting phone call this morning.  It was from a Mrs. Murphy from York Catholic High School.  She is the librarian there.  She said she saw the article in the York Daily Record a few weeks ago, about me.  She told me that one of my Grandsons, Toby Grove, is a library aide and she asked him why he didn't tell her that his Grandma is an local author.  He shrugged! 

She wanted to know if I would be interested in speaking to the students at York Catholic for Book Week in April.  Of course, I said, I'd be delighted to speak with them about writing and the thrill it gives me to complete a book or article.  It's a thrilling feeling to put your thoughts and feelings down on paper for other people to enjoy.  There will be a few other local authors as well. 

I was thrilled to see the article in the newspaper and on the newspapers blog a few weeks ago, but this was a new excitement for me.  I only wish that when I was a student, I would have followed my passion for writing and art.   I chose, instead, to get married.  I always wanted to be a Mom and I became a Mother three times.  I have three marvelous daughters, Marlena, Angela and Candice.  They completed my life.

So, I hope you had some exciting news or something great happen to you today.  If not, tomorrow's another day.  Your time is coming! 
Susan

No comments: