Wednesday, May 23, 2018

How's your day going?

Hi folks,
Of course, it's Hump Day, so you are on the downward swing for this work week, unless of course, you don't work Monday through Friday.  How's the weather where you are?  We have some very hot and humid weather approaching us during the next five days or so.  I guess you know that leaves me staying inside during that time.  At least we have central air conditioning.

What have you all been up to lately?  I hope that anyone who is retired, has been keeping busy doing something constructive.  As for me, I've been fighting an infection for the last week or so.  I am now on the downward swing of it, of which I am very thankful.  My husband has also been not feeling well for the last couple of days.  Hopefully he's on the mend as well.

I have been working on my blankets for children who are hospitalized, as well as, my handmade Christmas ornaments for this year.  I now have all the ornaments finished, and have started my gift money holders.  I only have one of those finished so I still have about 21 to go yet.

I am so thankful that I have my creative abilities, especially since I have to live a very sedentary life style.  My sister has been visiting for the last three or four weeks.  She stays with my Brother and Sister-in-Law and comes in to visit me a couple times a week.  I've been teaching her how do so some embroidery work, so she can have some hand made gifts for her family for Christmas.  It's rough when you get old and have very little money coming in to buy gifts.  As far as I'm concerned, the hand made kind are the best kind!  I have enjoyed spending time with her and will be a little sad when she returns home once again.

I hope you have been enjoying the daily "Divine Mercy Minutes" I have been posting.  I've noticed that the number of people reading my blog has increased since I've started posting them.  I read mine every day and would feel lost without them and saying the Chaplet daily.

Stay well and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: