Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

A Painful Echo in His Sacred Heart

 

Meditation:

April 10, 1938. Palm Sunday. I attended Holy Mass, but did not have the strength to go and get the palm. I felt so weak that I barely made it till the end of Mass. During Mass, Jesus gave me to know the pain of His soul, and I could clearly feel how the hymns of Hosanna reverberated as a painful echo in His Sacred Heart. My soul, too, was inundated by a sea of bitterness, and each Hosanna pierced my own heart to its depths. My whole soul was drawn close to Jesus. I heard Jesus’ voice: My daughter, your compassion for Me refreshes Me. By meditating on My Passion, your soul acquires a distinct beauty (Diary, 1657).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, may my meditating on Your Passion refresh You and call down Your great mercy on a world that “so needs to understand and accept Divine Mercy” ( John Paul II, posthumous Divine Mercy Sunday message, April 3, 2005).
*Diary passages with bolded words are Jesus speaking

No comments: