Saturday, May 11, 2013

How was your day?


Hi all,

Well, that's the big question for today.  How was your day?  I hope it had some fun, some enjoyment, some rest and some love in it.  Mine certainly did.  It started out with a Mother's Day breakfast, in honor of, of course, us Mothers.  This was the fun part.  Next came the rain so we watched television, that was the enjoyment part.  Then came lunch with a bit of sun, then came more rain, and that was the rest part.  The love part came practically all day, because I got to spend most of the day with my husband.  Now I'm tired and he's going to play bingo and cards with some friends.  All in all, I'd say it was a good day.  It could have been worse, we could have argued all day! 

I'm sure some of you are thinking, wow, it doesn't take much to make it a good day for her.  You'd be right, it doesn't take much to make me happy.  I've learned, over the years, to make the most of the simple things in life.  I used to worry about just about everything, but not anymore.  I have enough really serious things to worry about, so I certainly try to let go of the little things.  They just aren't important to me anymore.  My husband doesn't understand that about me.  He still cares about every little thing. 

I do hope that your day was as fulfilled for you and mine was for me.  If you've been running around all day, between errands and kids, I do hope that you'll find some time this evening for yourself, or at least for you and your partner together.

 I have to tell you that time goes too fast not to make the most of every minute.  That doesn't mean that you need to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, every minute of every day.  Some of the most enjoyable times for me, is when I am totally alone, with no distractions at all.  No noisy television or radio playing, just me and my thoughts.  I know what I want to do with the rest of my life, how about you? 

I've spent so much time with just God and me.  I stopped asking and talking and just listened.  He showed me what He wanted me to do with whatever time I have left on this earth.  So, that's what I'm trying to do.  Obviously, one of those things is writing this blog.  My purpose is two-fold.  First, it is to share the blessings that God's given me with all of you.  Second, is to promote myself and my writing.  I feel this is what God wants for me to do with my life. 

I have no desire to be a famous writer or to make a lot of money.  We have enough money to live a good lifestyle, we have plenty to eat and a good roof over our heads.  There really is nothing else I need. 

Just a few words about tomorrow.  As you all know, tomorrow is Mother's Day.  As for me, my beloved Mother died almost seventeen years ago.   I love and miss her very much.  She's in my thoughts so much of the time.  She taught me so much:  honesty, faithfulness, love, loyalty, to be humble, good values and ethics, and to love God with all my heart and soul.  So, Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  I love you!

To all you, Mother's, out there, may I wish each and every one of you a happy Mother's Day.  It is your day!  Enjoy it to it's fullness.  If your Mother is still living, tell her how very much you love and respect her.  Tomorrow just may be late!

Susan

No comments: