Saturday, May 25, 2013

I believe, I trust, I love! Do you?

Hi all,

I hope you're all having a good Memorial Day weekend.  It's a bit chilly and windy outside for me, so I've been hanging indoors.  It has warmed up a bit since this morning, but not enough for me to want to be outside.  It just seems like the cold goes straight through to my bones.  I suppose that's because they keep my blood pressure very low.  I do hope you have been doing something that makes you happy and gets you outside for a while.  I understand the weather is to get a little warmer, without all the wind, tomorrow and Monday. 

What do you do when someone you love is hurting and there's nothing you can do to help them, except to be there as moral support?  The answer, obviously, is that there's really not much you can do.  This I do know:  I believe and trust in God to help them to get through these hard times.  I also know that God's love is with them every minute of the day.  More than that, there's not much we can do to help those we love, who are suffering emotionally or physically.  But, that doesn't mean we don't feel their pain deep inside of us.  I surely do and it hurts me greatly. 

We are all children of God.  It you trust in Him and love Him unconditionally, He will always be right there by your side.  I know this to be true, because God's always been right here, helping me through all the bad times of my life, as well as, rejoicing with me during the joyous times. 

If you are in a bad way, emotionally or physically, please reach out to God.  He will not disappoint you.  This I promise you.  You need to turn over all your problems to Him and then trust that whatever happens is the will of God.  It may not be the answer you want, but He does know what's better for us than we do.  Believe!  Trust!  Love!

I suppose I'm being a little melancholy today.  Someone I love is hurting and I wish I could make the pain go away, but I can't.  I'm sure you've all been in this situation during your life time.  It's the feeling of being helpless and I don't handle those feelings very well.  But, I have turned this situation over to God.  Now, to just stop trying to take it back.

This is the time of the year when we need to be thinking about all our military men and women out there, who are currently fighting for our freedom.  Also, for all those who fought and served in any of our military branches over the past generations.  So many died trying to fight for our country's freedom.  We honor them as we celebrate Memorial Day on Monday.  Please take a few minutes during this long weekend to remember all of them.  Say a prayer for all those who are currently serving and for all the families of those who have died during military service.  

If you have time, please check out the novels I've put on sale on Amazon.  You can access them by going to www.amazon.com.  Then fill my name in the search block (Susan Lapp Mellott) and all my books will come up.  There are both books for children and adults.

I wish everyone a good and safe holiday weekend.  Please have fun and stay safe. 
Susan

No comments: