Thursday, May 9, 2013

What's on Your Mind?

Hi all,

Well, tomorrow is Friday and another work week will be behind us.  What's on your plate for the weekend?  I hope it's something fun.

I've been thinking of all the high school graduations that are fast approaching.  I have two grandsons who are graduation from York Catholic High School on the 31st. of this month.  It's funny, I can remember when they were first born and it seems just like yesterday.  It's hard for me to believe that soon four of my grandsons will be out of high school.  That leaves only two to go.  Of the two left, one will be a Junior next year and the other will be a Sophomore.  Man oh man, where did the years go.  Then I have two older ones who are already out of high school.  The oldest Grandson will be twenty-two this June and the next to the oldest, will be twenty-one.  All those years have just flown by so quickly.  I have pictures of the six of them together, when they ranged from about four years old to ten years. 

I'm sure they'd say that the past years have gone slowly, but just wait until they get older.  It will be then, that they realize just how fast life passes.  When you're young, you think your grandparents and parents will live forever.  Then, all of a sudden, your grandparents are gone.  More time flies by and then both of your parents are deceased, also.  It's at this time, that you really look back over your life and wonder where all the years went.  It's funny, how we really don't appreciate so much until we get old.  Then it all makes perfect sense to us. 

I'm not worried about getting older, as I have put my life into God's hands.  He will be there for me no matter what direction my life takes.  He always has been right by my side.  I'll be sixty five in a little over a month and a half.  I'm so lucky to still be alive.  I have no idea what God's plan is for me in the future, or how many years I'll still be on this earth.  I don't believe He's done with me yet.  That's why I beat death back in 2006.  I'll continue to do my best to do His will for as long a period of time He permits me. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and as always, I hope you find some time just for yourself.  You need it and the benefits will go toward making your family happy.  Have some fun!
Susan

No comments: