Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Same old, same old!

Hi all,

I hope you all are doing well today.  I'm finally getting back into my normal routine after being away for four days last week.  I spent Thursday through Sunday in Ocean City with some of my lady friends.  We had a good time, despite the weather being very cold and windy.  I would have enjoyed it much more, if I could have sat on a bench out on the boardwalk for awhile.  No such luck this trip. 

I'm sure I will have plenty of nice weather to sit out on the terrace or on the boards in September when my husband and I are in Ocean City. 

I, once again, took some marvelous pictures of the sky while there.  I don't know what has gotten into me, but I seemed to be obsessed with taking pictures of the sky out over the ocean while in OC.  I also took some good ones on the drive home.  I don't know why we never take the time to stop and look up at the sky on a day to day basis.  Any ideas?  I guess we just make ourselves too busy.

Anyways, since returning home, I've gotten back to my writing.  I'm working on rewriting some of my short stories for both children and adults.  I thought I'd redo them, making them a bit longer.  Most of them were stories I wrote while taking one of my writing classes. 

I can't explain it, but writing has, kind of, taken over my life.  I especially enjoy writing non-fiction stories.  It makes me feel good to write from my heart.  Either way, fiction or nonfiction, I just love to write. 

I think writing relaxes me.  How about you?  What do you do to relax?  Whatever it is, I hope it's something fun.  Perhaps you cook, or walk, or create something, or dance, or read, or take a hot bath.  I, for one, love my hot tub bath every evening.  It relaxes me so much and when it's cold, it warms me up.  How much more could I ask for?  Let me know what you do to relax. 

I realize that if you are raising children, your time is not your own very often.  I know how hard it is to just get fifteen minutes to yourself.  But, you need to try to make this time for you!

For most of you, the fact that tomorrow is 'hump' day will make you smile.  I hope, for all your sakes, that the coming weekend brings nice weather.  Maybe you will be able to find time to just sit outside and feel the warmth of God's sun on you. 

I hope your work week goes well for those of you working.  For those who are retired, I hope you do something special for yourself this week.  Find you creative side and create something.  It will make you feel good about yourself. 

Have a great week!
Susan

No comments: